Fresh Strawberry Pie!
A lot of the recipes I share have a story behind them. This one is no exception. I first ate this pie at our friend's/neighbor's house and it was so good I couldn't leave without getting the recipe. It is definitely one of our favorites. I give credit where credit is due. So, thanks goes out to Julie Goodman for sharing this recipe with me quite a few years back. It is made several times per year at our house. Just looking at it makes your mouth water and it tastes even better than it looks. I have no idea where she got the recipe, but that's the fun thing about things like this.....they travel from kitchen to kitchen making folks happy along the way. That's why I love to share recipes and I hope you do too. Enjoy!
Fresh Strawberry Pie
9 inch baked pie shell
6 cups fresh strawberries
1 cup sugar
3 TB Cornstarch
1/2 cup water
1. Bake a 9 inch pie shell - let it cool.
2. Mash enough strawberries to measure one cup. Stir together 1 cup sugar and 3 Tablespoons of cornstarch. Gradually stir in water and crushed strawberries. (Don't put it on the heat until all of the ingredients are combined). Cook over medium heat - stirring constantly until mixture thickens and boils. Boil and stir 1 minute. Cool.
3. Clean strawberries.
4. Lay them out on paper towels before you cook up the filling - try to get as much water off them as you can or the pie will be runny.) I even go a step further and blot them with paper towels if need be.
5. Fill shell with remaining strawberri es.
6. Pour cooled berry mixture over the top and chill at least 3 hours or until set. Enjoy!