By Cheyenne Glade Wilson
Do you SEIZE YOUR DAY?! I do and I highly recommend doing this to everyone. Here are a couple of things that I've learned in terms of taking control of my life over the last three and a half years since deciding to make a major change in my life. Disclaimer: keep in mind that I'm a student of life just like you are.....I learn something new every single day!
1. Plan your day or it will plan you! Do you make a plan and stick to it? Do you use a planner? No matter what's going on it's important to have a plan and do your absolute best to hold yourself to it.
2. Do you journal? How do you reflect on your feelings? How do you process the things that occur every day? I journal. It's a great way to have some quiet reflection at different times of the day.
3. Have a serious talk in the mirror with yourself! Huh?! Yep...get real, get honest, and get to the point. What is it you want to achieve in your life? Guess what...you only get one so don't waste it! The only obstacle in your way of achieving everything you've ever wanted in your life is...YOU!!! Get out of your own way and make things happen!
4. Change your mind - Change your life! True story! What kind of lies are you telling yourself every single day? It's time to be honest. Why would you lie to yourself? Why would you blame others for your shortcomings? The moment you blame is the moment you take your own power away from yourself. Stop doing that! Realize that YOU can achieve anything you set your mind to!
5. Positive in - Positive out! Yes! What are you allowing into your brain and heart every day? Do you read positive, motivating books? Do you listen to positive, motivating audio clips daily? I do! It's made a huge difference in my life. In truth, no movie or tv show ever changed my life. I decided to create a shift in my life from being a mindless zombie in front of the tv on the couch to being present in my own life and taking responsibility for what I allowed inside myself. Try it...you'll be pleasantly surprised at what happens!
6. When was the last time you've seen the sunrise? No matter your answer decide to seize your day tomorrow and watch the beginning of the day. Turn your phone off, sit in a quiet place and watch the first gift of the day. Use this time to spend a moment in gratitude for whatever comes to mind - no matter how simple. You will be surprised when you do that how it starts your day off on a positive note.
7. Be kind! Be kind to yourself and to others. I believe those two things are tied together. Get rid of negative self-talk. Get rid of judgment of others. Get rid of comparisons in your mind (this is a tough one). Realize that you are on your own journey in life. Don't compare your journey to someone else's. Do you know where you are going in life? It's all about going to Point B...you need a map to get there from Point A. If you don't know where Point B is how in the heck will you go anywhere in life?
8. Get M.A.D.! MAKE A DECISION! How are the next 12 months going to be different from the last year? How will this year be your best ever? What will you do to make that happen? It's up to you! So...MAKE A DECISION and take action. Carpe Diem!!!